Sunday, March 22, 2009

AWAKENING



Was inspired by the photo of a young girl looking out of window at the blogevery photo tells a story


And I also believe it to be a part of a celebration(FOR ME) ,coz I found some part of truth,the reality.
Hence would like to add it to
sunday scribblings

#157-Celebrate




There is a window in my head
Yes,there is one deep down within
Coz i have made walls that are strong indeed
Coz i have my views powerful within
that voice my thoughts and say yes every time

Saw A man yesterday
wen gave a visitin to a temple as any other day

Have never believed god,never loved religion
Only thought that humanity is wat is needed
friendship is sumthin that keeps me serenaded

had a bunch of thoughts like the arrows in my queer
aimed relentlessly ,commented sarcastically
with anyone who even slightly tried to steer'

Fool I thought those who dint agree
with the views I had and the ideas that waded
Thought I was always right with my thinkin bright
Was encumbered by my view of world

Talked of helping talked of lending

Criticised politicians but never practised voting
Talked of helping old but never did any serving
Talked of uplifting children but never did any teaching
Talked a lot and talked a lot
and the only thing that i ever did was TALKING

And as i said before saw a man the other day
looked rich not even slightest sign of the scintillia poor
had got off from a car that boasted of a wide camradiere

Came to the steps and did something damn peculiar
Sat there with arms folded and opened shoes of people who serenaded
Found this strange found this stupid coz i was but stuck in my walls
looked at people through the only window that I had constructed
Coz was drowned in the views that I had myself enunciated

Came up laughed at his foolishness
Thought about the World's inadequacy
Felt that he was wasting his services
HE was wasting his time
for something that wud never do good to himself
nor to the worldpeace and nor any community

Coz I was but conditioned by my superrich ideology
Coz I was blinded by my perfect ideality
And then she told me
asked me the reason of my laugh
asked me the point of sarcasm
And then she told me to look

And peek I did
Peeked out of my walls
peeked through the window
which was dust ridden and dormant

And then I learnt to respect
Respect other people
the practises they did
the god they followed
although it seemed baseless
although it seemed useless but yes for someone it was the only thing

I was questioned by her
and for every question
the only answere that i uterred was but a silent drop of tear

Did I ever help anyone???
I said yes whenever i got a chance

Did I ever went out of the way to do so???
I said yes I have paid cash

Did I ever stand up for blind men???
I said yes I made them cross roads

Did I ever help old men???
I said yes I gave them place to sit in the bus

Were these the only things that I ever did
And then she said me
That my dear
The things you do any normal being would do
But when you talk so high
do you really rally the thoughts so high
and then i got the point


The point taht was blocked by my 4 walls
Looked through the window and looked back at the man
And then I thought yes
he too would be doing all that I was doing
he too wud be practising all
But he was oing one thing more
and that he was cleanin his self
and that he was cleaning his self

I still dont know whwther its right or wrong
I still dont know whether its useful enough
But there is 1 thing that I now know for sure
And that its his thing and I am no1 to jeer
Coz he aint harmin any one just doin plain things dear

Now i know thar all have a window and all have 4 walls
I have found my window and replastered my walls
Coz there is a big truth that still needs to be learnt
Coz there is a big truth that still needs to be learnt
Come peek thru the windows and respect other's walls

Widen your window and narrow your walls


HARSHA


7 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing your poem on my blog, Harsha! I have to say that your poem is a very creative take on the image that was posted. I'm glad it inspired you:)

    And, I agree, it would be a great thing if we could all "widen our window and narrow our walls."

    ReplyDelete
  2. it is awesome yaar........ i think every INDIAN should Read it...

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Every Photo Tells a story
    I must say that you have made a gr8 syt.
    It was actually that happened yesterday and your prompt pulled me a lot.

    @GotyBaaz
    Thanx buddy.I say evri1

    ReplyDelete
  4. very true...we do more of nagging...than actions...good poem...

    ReplyDelete

You are important and whatever you do think counts a lot to me.Do empty your head.
In case of a lack of blogger account,scroll down for facebook account from where you can comment.

facebook

Conquered

The world is a stage

free counters

Interesting hmm

Blog Widget by LinkWithin