Thursday, March 26, 2009

my EARNEST REACTIVE LAYER

This is in response to an interesting site
3WW(3 Word Wednesday)
,where you concoct something using 3 words
The 3 words are:
Earnest
Layer
Reactive

Earnest I was
Yes for you I was
coz
Earnestly I waited
With a baited breath
I waited

A waiting so long
Of love so strong
pious to the core
red, red enough to sore

Then the day you smiled
the day you obliged
My heart was a slave
A bird out of cage

I saw it as an earnest
of a love out of the closet
I knew no bounds
My heart doing rounds

And slowly you showed your colors
Like a snake faking vermillion flowers
You said I wasn't smart
You said I called you a tart

But how could I
When every layer of mine
was bloody yours
How could I
when every breath of mine
was only yours

And then you said no
Layer by layer you broke the bow
You shattered my layer
Of love so deep
you slaughtered my layer
with your feelings so cheap

You called me reactive
and react I did
I cried my heart
and consoled my soul

And then I saw
How sorry I was
And then I knew
Yes reactive I was
like fuel and air


How couldn't I see
Your love for adam
our institute's cynosure
How couldn't I see
Your pronounced acclaim
A thing which was for sure

Girl you should have told before
before my earnest galore
Girl you should have told before
before tearing my only layer
Girl you should have told before
before I turned reactive

Girl you should have told before
Atleast long long before
Before shattering
my EARNEST REACTIVE LAYER




HARSHA

10 comments:

  1. Phew, dead good, I was getting a little breathless by the end, but I enjoyed this one layer on layer, and I love the way you managed to get the three words in three times too...

    Unique stuff!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very well done...these would make great song lyrics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Song lyrics, that's what I was thinking as well. Just a nicely done piece and thanks for playing along at 3WW. Hope you make it a regular part of your Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hm. This seems like maybe it could be titled, "Ode to a sociopath's murdered victim"
    At the end I was feeling the anger and betrayal, with a touch of "you shouldn't have made me do it." Interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was cool. Loved the way you did the poem!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Harsha, welcome to 3ww. Pretty intense.

    ReplyDelete
  7. HUH !!
    sab se pehle to yeh bata kon hai wo Namakul who " showed her colors
    Like a snake faking vermillion flowers" and also dared to say " I(Harsha not me :)) wasn't smart" ........Khair nahi uski...

    ReplyDelete
  8. real close attempt..

    did reach d depth f heart....

    hatts off once more....

    MANOJ VYAS

    ReplyDelete

You are important and whatever you do think counts a lot to me.Do empty your head.
In case of a lack of blogger account,scroll down for facebook account from where you can comment.

facebook

Conquered

The world is a stage

free counters

Interesting hmm

Blog Widget by LinkWithin